Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Going postal

About two years ago I purchased items on eBay like millions of people do everyday. Three days later I was happy to see the package had arrived at my home. I was even more pleased to see that the sender had secures the USPS priority mail package with a few extra pieces of packing tape along the edges. My excitement was short-lived however, when upon opening the package I discovered that the items had been removed and the "extra" tape was put in place after and over the USPS postmark. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the theft had occurred within the postal service facility. The items were insured and in about eight weeks my purchase price was returned to me by the postal service. That's not the issue. If I wanted the money I wouldn't have spent it in the first place. I wanted the items I purchased, which are now far more valuable than my purchase price. Did anyone look into where the items had gone. Isn't it a federal crime to temper with the US mail. Apparently not when they are the ones stealing it. This is not a single occurrence, it is all too frequent. It seems that a package sent into the US postal service stamped "insured" is open game and It Just Ain't Right. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment