Monday, October 25, 2010

The wisdom of a teenager, the price of freedom

As a misguided teen I vaguely remember the day I wished I had more freedom. Back then, myself being the teen, of course I was right. Now, being much wiser and unfortunately much older, I am reminded of my own youth through my children and their desire for freedom. My first thought is " I wonder how much freedom costs these days?" We'll start with the freedom to be on your own, while maintaining the comforts of home. Let us all do some math.

1 bedroom apartment outside of downtown =$750
Basic cable= $60
cell phone with text = $70
electric = $125
Food = $300
transportation (car) $350
Insurance = $125
clothes, hygiene products = $100

Total expenses = $1880 per month

Really good starting wages for high school graduate $14.00 per hour
40 hour week.
Total gross wages per month $2240
Total net pay per month $1792

Total versus expense = negative $88 per month

I guess it's safe to say freedom has a price and most can't afford it. And It Just Ain't Right


BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment